Day 12

Friday, July 21, 2017

Day 12


Today was Friday meaning the grill was set up outside the building for the weekly cook-out. I think all of the interns were outside today for lunch even though not everyone brought food to grill. I brought pizza to warm up on the grill and I ate outside which was a nice break from sitting in a windowless basement laboratory all day.

I continued working on my project from yesterday which was to adapt a BPM to simulate a Gaussian beam rather than a circular beam traveling through an aperture. The code I wrote models the intensity and phase of the beam from 50 cm before to 50 cm after the focal point. The radius of the beam is given by the function w(z), where z is the distance along the axis of propagation, and is shown below the intensity plot on the diagrams below. The smallest possible radius occurs at the focus and for this beam it is 0.1 cm.

No comments:

Post a Comment